About the Journal
Art of Surgery
Aims and Scope
Art of Surgery (Art Surg; AOS; Online ISSN 2523-6954; http://aos.amegroups.com/) is an internationally peer reviewed journal for medical students, residents, fellows and attendings in the field of surgery, and scientists and researchers in the biomedical field who wish to transform surgical education, practice and research.
Mission: To better serve our patients via educating and training the next generation of surgeons and promote innovative research.
- Propagate the experiences and life lessons of master surgeons
- Promote international cooperation among close-knit master surgeons
- Disseminate innovative ideas, ground breaking researches, and technologies
Information for Authors
AOS is a member of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) and follows the ICMJE recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journal and the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)'s guidelines.
Manuscripts submitted must be the original work of the author(s) and must not be published previously or under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Submission Turnaround Time
- Submission to First Editorial Decision: 1-3 weeks.
- External peer review: 1-3 months.
- Acceptance to Publication: 1-4 weeks. Original Articles are listed as priority.
Open Access Statement
Art of Surgery is a peer reviewed, open access journal. All content of the journal is published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial- NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). All articles published open access will be immediately and permanently free for all to read, download, copy and distribute as defined by the applied license.
Free access and usage
Permitted third party reuse is defined by the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license. This license allows users to copy and distribute the article, provided:
- this is not done for commercial purposes and further does not permit distribution of the Article if it is changed or edited in any way.
- the user gives appropriate credit (with a link to the formal publication through the relevant DOI) and provides a link to the license but not in an any way implying that the licensor is endorsing the user or the use of the work.
- no derivatives including remix, transform, or build upon the material was allowed for distribution.
For open access publishing, this journal uses an exclusive licensing agreement. Authors will transfer copyright to AOS, but will have the right to share their article in the same way permitted to third parties under the relevant user license, as well as certain scholarly usage rights.
For any inquiry/special circumstance on the copyright, commercial usage or adaptation of AOS articles, please contact: email@example.com
For reprint order, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +86 20 66355775
AOS is published by AME Publishing Company.
Address: Flat/RM C 16F, Kings Wing Plaza 1, NO. 3 on Kwan Street, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong, China.
Updated on April 01, 2020